Saturday, October 10, 2009

i will be in america in less than one month. put it on wax

So i wanted to post a bunch of pictures of my wonderful trainees and the work that they are doing (practice projects and whatnot) - but i forgot my flashdrive. We are entering week 8 of training, so that means only 3 weeks left...which is absurd. Also, my replacement was announced and her name is Jessica and she is from my training group and she is great and im pumped cuz she will totally knock it out in assa! word.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dave,
Not sure if you remember me or not but we went to high school together at Plymouth-Salem; glad to see your doing such great things with your life and hope your enjoying it as much as it seems.

Long story short, I'm writing you because a friend of a friend of mine is currently serving in the Marines in Afghanistan; this is his third tour of duty and he recently applied to be in the Peace Corps. However he was denied due to being "unqualified enough".....this is the first I've heard of this type of denial and was curious to see if you could personal correspond with the person aforementioned to inform him of a better way to get things done? Is there an appeal process? If so, who should he contact, etc.?

The applicant in question's name is Scott Grew and I can get his case number if necessary. Please see the dialogue in italics below between my friend, a Marine serving in Afghanistan, and I regarding this situation. You might be best to respond to my friend, Casey Viegelahn (cviegelahn@gmail.com), directly. Thank you for any help you can provide, all the best,

--
Eric Bacyinski
Cell: (734) 649-8596
Email Address: Ebacyins@gmail.com

Eric,

I have a Marine, who is on his 3rd deployment in Iraq, a College Grad, and one of the best Marines I have ever worked with. he applied to the peace corps and they sent him a letter saying he wasn't qualified enough. I called the recruiting office in Chicago and was not treated with much concern by the recruiter. She said there is nothing I can do to help the Marine, she told me he had to appeal this on his own. The problem is all our phones and Internet are going away, and he is extremely busy with his mission requirements, thus why me, his commanding officer is trying to help him out.

This is a long shot, but if you or anyone you know has any contacts with the peace corps your help would be greatly appreciated.

Your pal,
Casey