Thursday, August 14, 2008

Form Letter


My name is Dave Hannon and I am a resident of Plymouth, MI and Alumnus of Michigan State University. I am currently serving as a Peace Corps Volunteer in Kazakhstan. I am working here as part of the Organizational and Community Assistance Program. I have been assigned to a small village named Aca, located outside the city of Taraz in the south of Kazakhstan where I work at Ainalain, a community youth center.

The mission of Ainalain is to provide a safe and accommodating atmosphere in which children can make friends, express themselves, learn about their culture, which is conducive to the development of happy, responsible, and aware young adults. I am fortunate enough to be placed at a wonderful site with a history of doing great work for the community, but also having the potential to do much more.

My role as a volunteer is manifold, including cross cultural exchange, capacity building, and developing resources and networks for my host organization. One project I have started is establishing a Business Resource Center to help educate youth about business concepts and spark business growth. To do this however we need to raise money to fund the purchase of equipment to create a business working office environment. Working with the Peace Corps I have posted my proposal on the Internet, which allows individuals and businesses to easily contribute tax-deductible donations in a paypal style format.

To get more information you can access my complete project proposal and budget at the Peace Corps website and then searching for Project # 306-044, titled "Youth Business Center" in Kazakhstan.

Your help in contributing to this important project would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much for your consideration.


Сізге рахмет! (pronounced sizgay rockmyet, it is Kazakh for Thank you)


Dave Hannon

No comments: