Saturday, June 6, 2009

OCAP Review

Recently, I sat in on a panel that is reviewing the Peace Corps Organizational and Community Assistance Program here in Kazakhstan. Just as any proactive organization should do, it is part of a regular self-assessment and clarification of direction. It was exciting to be able to give my insights into the way the project is run and hope to make it more successful and effective. I know - probably not that interesting for the blog, but the reason I am writing this is because while attending this session I was able to pay a long overdue visit to a fellow PCV who had visited my site several times. The welcome was sincere and reminiscent of the time in highschool i was hired with a group of kids by some company to act excited (ala red carpet) when their employees arrived at a restaurant for an annual meeting. The only problem with the millions of adoring fans at his house jumping all over me, is that they were in fact fleas...and they were biting me. He haв been traveling for about 2 weeks, and his dog had gotten inside his house and literally infested the place. I have never had dogs, so i wasnt really sure what fleas were like. But i spent the night there, and i learned. Assessment of fleas: not rad.

2 comments:

amw said...

Hey David! I know I have not posted many comments on your blog, but know that I have been a diligent follower! Your stories are amazing and I am very excited to see you sitting in my family room once again. (I promise I won't slam any closet doors!) Enjoy your last couple of months and we look forward to you return. Keep up the great stories! :-)

dcgbhannon said...

fleas are BAD... now you know... Hannon dogs DO NOT have fleas...