We had a policy change regarding our vacation days so I had to use up all my in-country travel days. I took a trip to visit my friend Joe in a city 13 hours away. It was fun traveling alone and feeling comfortable to haggle with taxis and buses and whatnot. It is a different life in his nice city compared to my village. While I was there we had burritos, micro-brewed beer, and went to the theater to watch Alien vs Predator 3 in Russian. It was nice to get away for sure. I was anxious to get back though because a lot of my projects are in the beginning phases I was sort of nervous about being away. When Joe arrived at his site he told his host grandmother that he loved noodles (which wasn’t true, he claims he just didn’t know what else to say – regardless we ate this stroganoff concoction everyday, and im fairly certain that’s all he ever gets)
Monday, February 25, 2008
my trip to taldykorgon
We had a policy change regarding our vacation days so I had to use up all my in-country travel days. I took a trip to visit my friend Joe in a city 13 hours away. It was fun traveling alone and feeling comfortable to haggle with taxis and buses and whatnot. It is a different life in his nice city compared to my village. While I was there we had burritos, micro-brewed beer, and went to the theater to watch Alien vs Predator 3 in Russian. It was nice to get away for sure. I was anxious to get back though because a lot of my projects are in the beginning phases I was sort of nervous about being away. When Joe arrived at his site he told his host grandmother that he loved noodles (which wasn’t true, he claims he just didn’t know what else to say – regardless we ate this stroganoff concoction everyday, and im fairly certain that’s all he ever gets)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment