Friday, May 2, 2008

New Digs


I moved out on my own last week. It was alot like moving into my first college house - a mess, with lots of work that needs to be done. I am unbelievably excited however. For sure I loved my host family, but it was time to be at my own spot. After 9 months of living with host families its like a whole new world being alone now. This particular apartment has not been inhabited for 4 years so there is really no other word except gross. It is a 4 room thing goin on which is nice, but currently the only furniture i have is a bed and a stump which i gave an old man a bottle of vodka to root up and cut for me. There are several perks to this new place and being on my own and a few down sides. I miss coming home to a bustling house full of 10 people and of course the amazing food always ready. However here i can listen to loud music all the time, indoor toilet, also i can play my guitar and not feel weird. I also like being shirtless, which is so fun because even though its like a process to unlock and open my door i always act suprised and shocked and caught off guard when my old babushka (which is russian for grandma) knocks on the door she then gets equally embarressed and excited (but hey i am training for a marathon and am proud of this bod and she deserves to see it, what can you do?!). Here is a pic of me working away plastering, painting, laying carpet. Seriously everything needs to be done. As of now i dont even have a stove, working sink, refiridgerator so i am the local charity case.

3 comments:

Jimbo said...

Dear Dave,

This picture kind of reminds me of your old room in the basement. Except there are less 40s, less filth, less LADIESSSSSSS and not enough of leddy!

dcgbhannon said...

Dave
The Hannon Men never cease to amaze me in their rebuilding skills -- Uncle Dennis (and I am sure Uncle Jim too) are proud of you! Best wishes in your new space. You might want to make a FREECYCLE site (probably not too feasable?), but the vodka for a stump method works too! Love to you Always, Aunt Cricket

Leddy's said...

Toolman would be proud. I know I am.