Saturday, May 30, 2009

Be careful with that axe Eugene.



I have a new friend who owns a nightclub in Taraz. He is a rad young broton and owns like the 4 most happening places of business in the city. We are working on some things, and he wants to open a fast food joint here, which i will do everything in my power to help (if not for me, then for future volunteers. even if they dont have posters of Mcdonalds food in their apt. they will surely be grateful) Anyway, he invited me to check out a live music night. Eh - i thought. Not really sold on music here. Fast forward to the bands opening song. I cant even describe the joy. Real legit music! - every weekend! I brought some friends and unbeknownst to me Sasha (the owner) totally hooked it up, free cover, VIP seating, meeting the band, free food and drinks. I will never be this cool again. Back to the band though...i mean seriously i havent seen anything like this in two years. Real music. The lead singer, a girl from Kyrgyzstan, has a voice like Tina Turner, and even sings some songs in English (i.e. "Simply the Best") I am probably in love with her. It is also important to note that dancing is very different here. I would say...bigger, is a good way to describe it. No griding, just dancing on your own - and its like i cant go wrong. I dont know why but they think all Americans are good dancers (thank God for movies like "you got served") So no matter how i dance, they dig it. Which boosts my confidence and encourages me to dance bigger, and i am in no way a good dancer. Its sort of a horrible unstoppable cycle with nothing but amazing consequences. But live music every weekend!!!??? Read: Its looking to be a pretty good summer.

No comments: