Monday, November 5, 2007

"so what are you doing over there?"

I can finally say for sure all the things that I could only guess for so long. On Friday we will have ‘swearing in’, and officially become Peace Corps Volunteers. I imagine this will be some sort of formal ceremony with copious amounts of handshakes/ high fives. I was elected to give a speech in Kazakh, so I am going to wear a suit. Other than that, I am really just hoping that there is some sort of food following the goings on. On Saturday we then pack it in for training and head to our sites. Training went by mad fast, and I can only imagine the two years will be the same. On the other hand, my 2 years only begin once I get to site (our situation now has been likened to that of a really long movie and we are just getting to the end of the beginning credits)

No comments: