Thursday, November 22, 2007

Swearing In Ceremony

Well I messed up…bad. But who puts the Hanman in charge of a slide show anyhow?! I suppose I never really have been one for navigating that line of what is appropriate and what is wildly inappropriate, and with such great pictures at my disposal – come on. To be fair though it wasn’t really made clear to me the nature of the ceremony and that this slideshow would be a horrible follow up to a beautifully done rendition of America the Beautiful and preceding a speech by the U.S. Ambassador. I knew it was bad when some of my more liberal friends asked me “what were you thinking?!”. Luckily this debacle was at the beginning and I had time to redeem myself. I was elected to give a speech in Kazakh which went over well and I was told I gesticulated well (thanks to Mr. Berry and his 2nd hour Public Speaking class). Then by the time we performed an anthem Joe and I wrote I was feeling a little better. I honestly did feel really bad and couldn’t sleep that night and had this intense self-analysis but hey that’s what growing up is all about I guess.

No comments: